Saturday, January 21, 2017

Best Books I Read in 2016

I've compiled a list of my favorite books of 2016. To be clear, these aren't the best books published in 2016, but my favorites that I read this year. Below I have a picture of the book and links to my reviews on goodreads for each. I have the same reviews on this blog also, if you'd rather read them here. They are in no particular order, although the last one was definitely by favorite of the year. It seems like my favorites for the year were definitely heavy in the fantasy/sci-fi category. I read a wide variety of genres, but I do have more fantasy and science fiction in my favorites list than I expected. Overall I read 81 books this year, so it was a pretty good year!



Fire by Kristin Cashore
4.5 stars. I read this one early in the year, but it really did stick with me through the year. I loved the main character and felt really connected to her. See my review HERE.




Vicious by V.E. Schwab
4.5 stars. I was so surprised by this book! See my review HERE.




The Lunar Chronicles by Marrissa Meyer

4 stars. I gave each book in the series 4 stars and thoroughly enjoyed reading my way through them this summer. See my thoughts on each in the links below:




The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah

4.5 stars. This book was excellent and my review was a little longer than some. I had a lot to say. Read it HERE.



Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

4.5 stars. I'm noticing a trend where in several of my reviews I mention that I stayed up ridiculously late to finish the book. This was another one of those. Read my review HERE.





Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy by Laini Taylor

4-4.5 stars. I was so surprised by this trilogy! I picked up the first one on a whim at a used book sale, and I am so glad I did! It was a great series. Read my thoughts for each below.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone Review
Days of Blood and Starlight Review
Dreams of Gods and Monsters Review





Nimona by Noelle Stevenson

4.5 stars. I don't normally read graphic novels, but I'm so glad I picked this one up. It was funny, exciting and sweet. See what I said HERE.



A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab

4.5 stars at least. I didn't have time for a long review, but HERE are a few impressions. I'm really looking forward to reading more of this series in 2017. I have the second one already!





Illuninae by Aimee Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

4.5 or 4.75 stars. What an exciting, unique book! I couldn't put it down! HERE is what I had to say.



Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

4.5 or 4.75 stars. I technically finished this on January 1, 2017, but I only had a tiny bit left, so I'm going to count it for 2016. I loved it!! It was like being in a video game! Read my review HERE.





A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

5 stars and without a doubt my favorite book of the year. I almost never give out 5 stars, as I reserve them for only my favorite books of all time. This is one of them. Everyone should read it. Read a few of my thoughts HERE.

And that's it! I've already read 6 books in January, so 2017 is off to a good start! 



No comments:

Post a Comment