Friday, September 9, 2016

Review: Daughter of Smoke & Bone

Daughter of Smoke & Bone Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 or maybe even 4.5 stars. I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed this! I picked it up somewhat randomly at a book sale for $1, and honestly wasn't that intrigued by the cover. I saw it was on Overdrive to listen to through my library, so I decided to listen to it as well. I really liked the narrator's voice. I am somewhat picky about the voices I like when listening to an audiobook, but I found hers to be smooth, expressive, and enjoyable to listen to.

I also really appreciated Karou's character. She was just very likable, as was her friend, Zuzana. I just love a book with a great female friendship! I've never read a book that had anything to do with angels before, and it's not a subject matter I'd usually be drawn to. However, I was completely drawn into the story and actually had a hard time stopping myself from listening to it when it was time to go to bed. Also, (view spoiler). I just can't wait to read the next one! Unfortunately, it is currently checked out of our library, so I'll have to wait until it is returned. I would highly recommend this one though to anyone who enjoys YA and fantasy!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment