Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Review: Cleopatra: A Life

Cleopatra: A Life Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I knew nothing about Cleopatra before I read this. I have a couple historical fiction books about her but I wanted to know more about the actual person before I read them. I definitely learned more about her, although I wish more of what she wrote/actually said survived. While I enjoyed Shiff's writing overall, sometimes I lost interest and had a hard time focusing while reading for some reason. I liked it and learned from it, but I had a hard time sticking with it until the end. I did, however, and I hope to enjoy the historical fiction pieces more now because of it, or be able to at least differentiate between fact, fiction, and guesswork as I am reading.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment