Friday, August 12, 2016

Review: Peony in Love

Peony in Love Peony in Love by Lisa See
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

2.5 stars. I feel bad because I've so enjoyed her other books, but I had a lot more trouble caring about this one for some reason. Honestly, I just really didn't like the main character. I found her to be exceedingly annoying. She was (view spoiler). I get that it is based on Chinese mythology (I think?), but I just couldn't get myself to like her character or the story. I was also very surprised that (view spoiler), which I think threw me through a loop. It was just very unlike other Lisa See books. Maybe if I hadn't been so surprised I would have enjoyed it more, but I'm not sure. I will definitely read more of See's books in the future though, because I loved Snow Flower and the Secret Fan and Shanghai Girls. Hopefully I will enjoy others more!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment