Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Review: The Sun and Her Flowers

The Sun and Her Flowers The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was very similar to her first collection of poems, but I really enjoyed this one as well. This collection focused a bit more on her parents immigration and on self-acceptance, which I really liked. I liked how she wrote about more than just romance in this book, and my favorite poems were the ones about "investing in the right people," community, and not focusing so much on the negative. As I said before, I am looking forward to seeing what her poetry becomes as she matures, although I can see already how she's matured between her first and second book. Reading her writing has made me want to read more poetry, so I'm going to be on the lookout for others like her!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment