Saturday, November 4, 2017

Review: Milk and Honey

Milk and Honey Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a poignant little book of poetry. I think it is something that many can relate to. I've spoken to teenagers at the high school I work at that have said they read some of the poems over and over again. I probably would have too if I had read this when I was still in high school or college.

However, I did feel like I am a little bit past the time in my life that her poetry would resonate me quite as deeply. A lot of this felt like things I would have thought or felt before my married years, but it is not relatable to my life as it is now. I'd love to see what she writes if she marries or becomes a mother, because she certainly has a way of writing short, powerful poetry. I am just at a different point in life than she is. I think that as she matures, her poetry will too. I am looking forward to reading her newest collection, The Sun and Her Flowers next!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment