Saturday, November 4, 2017

Review: Red Rising

Red Rising Red Rising by Pierce Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My husband read this a couple of years ago and has been trying to get me to read it ever since. There was a lot I really liked about it. It was brutal at times, but always for a purpose (usually to demonstrate the cruelty of the world Darrow lives in and the need for change). A lot about it reminded me of The Hunger Games. Since I liked The Hunger Games, that was a good thing, but I do hope the story develops more and differs more in the later books.

The audiobook narrator was good. At first I was surprised that he read with an Irish accent, but then I got used to it. He was pretty expressive. I liked the main character most of the time. Occasionally I felt that he thought too much of himself, but that may be what he needs to lead his people.

I am looking forward to the rest of the series!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment