Sunday, November 26, 2017

Review: Eliza and Her Monsters

Eliza and Her Monsters Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.25 stars. I liked this one better than Made You Up, and I quite enjoyed Made you up by the same author. One thing I really like about Zappia is that she writes stories about young girls dealing with serious issues (depression, anxiety, even schizophrenia) and presents both how difficult it can be and how it is not all of who they are. They are normal girls who want normal things, but have to learn how to deal with their mental health as well. And aren't we all?

I loved the illustrations throughout this book and how it celebrated fan culture. Several books have done that recently (Fangirl, Geekerella), and this one is definitely one of the best.

I can't wait to read more by Zappia! It was definitely one of the best I've read recently!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment