Sunday, November 5, 2017

Review: The Darkest Corners

The Darkest Corners The Darkest Corners by Kara Thomas
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This is a decent book that probably deserves more than the two stars I am giving it, but I personally thought it was just okay. I think that many would probably give this book a three or four star review. Had I been in a different mood while reading it, I may have as well. However, I just felt like I couldn't wait to get through it. I had to read it for Battle of the Books and I honestly just wasn't in the mood to read a mystery. Mysteries tend to be a bit hit or miss for me anyway, because I'm easily scared and can't read them at night. I love a good Agatha Christie, but much more than that and I can't sleep if I've read it before bed.

This wasn't too bad, but it started reeeeaaaaallllly slow. I read the first 100 pages and just kept feeling like I couldn't get into it. Finally, I decided to skim the middle third and then really read the last 40 pages or so. While clearly not the best way to enjoy a book, it was what I could handle at the time. Honestly, I'm just relieved that I got it over with. However, I don't want to deter anyone else from reading it. I think it really seems like a pretty good book, but I just was not in the mood for a mystery or reading something because I had to. I hope I enjoy my next required reading for Battle of the Books more!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment