Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Review: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars. This book was hard to put down. I kept finding excuses to listen to my audiobook. I didn't really like the main character, but you weren't really supposed to. You were supposed to appreciate her and all of her complexities. I agree with other reviews that say that the narrator and biographer, Monique, wasn't very important to the story. Her character worked for the purpose of telling the story, but she was not nearly as vibrant or as interesting as Evelyn. Taylor Jenkins Reid created an incredibly vibrant and believable character in Evelyn, and it was very satisfying to read about her. I will not be forgetting this story any time soon.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment