Friday, July 13, 2018

Review: After You

After You After You by Jojo Moyes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was very unsure about reading this one after reading the first one and then seeing somewhat mixed reviews. However, I am really glad I read it. I had some major issues with the first book, but this one redeemed it somewhat. I've always liked Louisa's character, I just hated the ending of Me Before You and the messages I felt it sent. The first thing I really appreciated about this book (as opposed to the last one) was that right from the beginning, Louisa is going to therapy to deal with her grief. Really, this entire book explores the grief and guilt that came from the aftermath of Will's death. It wasn't a perfect book, but I liked Louisa'a voice and her relationship with a new pivotal character. I was left feeling happy for her and curious about her future. I definitely plan to read Still Me, this summer if possible!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment