Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Review: The Princess Saves Herself in this One

The Princess Saves Herself in this One The Princess Saves Herself in this One by Amanda Lovelace
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars. I read this quickly this afternoon. I enjoyed it. I liked the princess/damsel/queen metaphor and I also really appreciated her poems about the deaths of her sister and mother. I would also like to see some more of her political poetry. There was only one that I would consider really political in the book, but I think it was my favorite and something I think she would do really well if she does more of it. I don't know if it will really stick with me (maybe if I read it again a time or two?), but I certainly plan to read her next collection.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment