Sunday, April 1, 2018

Review: My Not So Perfect Life

My Not So Perfect Life My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.75 stars - rounded up to 4. I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I'd read another Sophie Kinsella and thought it was just ok, but I decided to try this one anyway. Although the plot was a little silly, it was also a lot of fun. I liked how it focused more on female friendship and work than romance (although there was a little bit of that too). I also really enjoyed the audiobook format and the narrator. Perhaps if I'd listened to the last one by Kinsella, I would have enjoyed it more. I have heard that that is really the way to read her books.

I did think that Katie took her jealousy a bit far and in real life I would be quite concerned about the way she treated certain people. However, I was able to set that aside and just enjoy the story. It was all alright in the end and overall just a fun story. I've heard that Kinsella's books are the way to go when you want something light and fun. After this one, I will definitely be picking up more by her!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment