Sunday, April 8, 2018

Review: Fall on Your Knees

Fall on Your Knees Fall on Your Knees by Ann-Marie MacDonald
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars. This was a beautifully written book that was just too upsetting in parts to be an enjoyable exprience for me. It was also quite long, so I couldn't finish the audiobook before I had to return it to the library. Instead, I listened as much as I could, read a summary, and then jumped to the end. I probably ultimately read about 70% of it.

I loved the strong female characters and the fact that it was such a character-driven narrative. The setting was interesting and I appreciated all of the symbolism and how it was clearly so carefully written. I was deeply invested in the characters and what would happen to them. However, I just cannot handle books that involve (view spoiler) in any way. The overall melancholy tone was intriguing, but maybe right now was not quite the right time for me to read something so depressing. I just can't handle it right now.

Still, I found myself enjoying parts of it far more than I expected to! Like I said, it was truly beautiful writing. I'm glad I finally got to this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment