Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Review: Commonwealth

Commonwealth Commonwealth by Ann Patchett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book was very well-written, but I took too long to read it, which made it less enjoyable. I kept getting distracted by other books. I didn't feel like I liked many of the characters that much, and I just felt so upset by how the siblings treated Albie that I almost didn't even want to continue reading it. I think I may have enjoyed it more if I had started reading and stuck with it, but I didn't. Honestly, I skimmed the last 50 pages or so. I just keep hoping Ann Patchett will write something that will entrance me the same way Bel Canto did, but that hasn't happened yet. That said, it is clear that she is an excellent writer and I will probably continue reading her books in hopes of another Bel Canto.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment