Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Review: The 13th Gift: A True Story of a Christmas Miracle

The 13th Gift: A True Story of a Christmas Miracle The 13th Gift: A True Story of a Christmas Miracle by Joanne Huist Smith
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a quick and easy Christmas read that my book club picked out. I read it and enjoyed it for the most part, but I read it more to finish it than anything. I have so many books I really want to read, it was hard to be motivated to focus on this one. However, I was more intrigued when I found out that it was based on a true story. I appreciated that the gifts were small and reasonable, but very meaningful to the grieving family. While I think it is a bit of a stretch to say that it was the small gifts that brought the family back together entirely, I recognize that it was an incredibly kind gesture that was clearly helped them get in the holiday spirit. It served as a reminder that small things can make a big difference and it is important to do what we can to help others. I'm looking forward to discussing with my book club in a couple of days!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment