Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Review: Edenbrooke

Edenbrooke Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.75 stars. These are such light, fun books! They are a little silly, but very enjoyable. I really looked forward to my drive to work so I could listen. That said, the narrator's voice for the audiobook version did really annoy me. Also, a few of the lines came across as very sexist. I understand that it was written to take place in regency-era England, but I still found a few of the lines to be unnecessary. However, the book was a quick listen and extremely entertaining. I think I enjoyed it a bit more than Blackmoore, although both were fun. I liked the main character and the love interest. I love regency-era romances (although I prefer to just read Jane Austen, but these are good too). You know everything is going to turn out ok in the end in these books, but that is part of their appeal. I hope that Donaldson writes more of the "Proper Romances," because I'm sure I'd read them!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment