Friday, July 19, 2019

Review: Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow

Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love this series! I've had a hard time enjoying much middle-grade writing lately, but this series is truly exceptional. I told my husband and mom that the Harry Potter comparisons are not without warrant, but not because the plot is similar. Townsend definitely has an incredibly unique world, characters, and story. However, what I love about her writing is that she both writes a compelling main conflict/climax and about little mundane occurrences in an interesting way. Like Rowling, she infuses interesting foods, fun holiday celebrations, and more into her story which makes it feel more real. She describes in a way that makes me really want to visit Nevermoor! I hope these stories get as much attention as they deserve and blow up in popularity like Harry Potter. As I read, I just kept thinking, "This is so cool!" Townsend is very creative and this was a great second installment. I'm eagerly awaiting the third book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment