Thursday, July 4, 2019

Review: How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk

How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.75 stars. A woman in my book club recommended it. I was getting a lot out of it, although some of it felt a little outdated to me (maybe not to everyone, but I don't know many people who think it is okay to hit your kid anymore. . . Which, to be clear, was one thing the authors were against). However, as I was reading, I found out that there is actually another version written for parents with little kids, How to Talk so Little Kids Will Listen: A Survival Guide to Life with Children Ages 2-7. I got it out of the library as well and ended up liking it better than this one. This one is good, but the other version seemed more applicable to my kids even though it had the same basic concepts.

I've just started trying some of the strategies with my kids, but we'll have to see how effective they are once I've had more experience with them. I do buy into most of the basic concepts. I just need more practice using these strategies (rather than using time-outs and counting down to get the boys to listen). I'll report back once I've had more time with the strategies. I do think I'd recommend it to other parents though!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment