Sunday, February 25, 2018

Review: The Family Romanov: Murder, Rebellion, and the Fall of Imperial Russia

The Family Romanov: Murder, Rebellion, and the Fall of Imperial Russia The Family Romanov: Murder, Rebellion, and the Fall of Imperial Russia by Candace Fleming
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've always wanted to learn more about the Romanovs, and this was a very approachable book for just that. It was simply written, but provided a lot of information about the family, about Rasputin, and the condition of the country before the Russian Revolution. It was a perfect basic book to start with, but it did leave me wanting more. It left me wanting more about the children and more about Rasputin's relationship with the empress especially. The author did a nice job going back and forth between the family and the suffering of the Russian people. You really understand what led to revolution, although I'm sorry it didn't go better for them. I was really upset that all the children were murdered, although I knew that already of course. Honestly, I didn't feel that sorry for the Tsar or Tsarina because it seemed as though they truly didn't care about their people and Tsar really did live up to his nickname "Bloody Nicholas." However, the children were innocent and I was hopeful that somehow one or more of them miraculously escaped, although I knew they didn't.

It was an easy read and very interesting. I may read more about the Romanovs and the Russian revolution in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment