Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Review: The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto

The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.25 stars. This was a fun read with a lot of great music history. Honestly, I don't love all of Mitch Albom's books they way some people do because they sometimes seem a little bit too sappy or something for me, but I don't dislike them either. In this book, the repeated phrase ("Everybody joins a band in this life, sometimes. . . ") got on my nerves, perhaps because I was listening to the audiobook so I actually heard it a lot. I don't listen to a lot of music (I like it, but I usually am listening to an audiobook instead), so although this was a good story, it just wasn't really my "thing." That said, I liked how Albom weaved Frankie's story through all kinds of music history and I was never bored. Overall it was a decent book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment