Saturday, January 6, 2018

Review: The Darkest Minds

The Darkest Minds The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.75 stars (I know - I never can just stick with a whole number). I reeeeallllly took my time on this one, but it was pretty good. I read it on my Kindle Fire, so it was my "putting the boys to bed" book when the lights were off. I didn't always read when putting them to bed, which was why it took me so long to get through. However, I always remembered what was happening in the story and remained engaged, even when there were several weeks between readings.

I picked it up because I heard that it was being made into a movie in 2018 and because that it was similar to X-men. I've always been a big fan of X-men, and of course there are some similarities with the subject matter. The main character was likable enough and the story was fairly action-packed. I am not giving it a full 4 stars because although I enjoyed it, I wasn't compelled to read it enough to finish it more quickly (I did take 5 months . . . not usual for me!). I'm also undecided as to whether or not I will continue reading the series. However, I did enjoy this book! I definitely plan to read more by Alexandra Bracken even if I don't continue with this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment