Sunday, January 28, 2018

Review: Beneath the Sugar Sky

Beneath the Sugar Sky Beneath the Sugar Sky by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 stars. I love this series!!! This one was definitely better than #2 for me. I just liked the world they visited and the characters better. I also love how short these are because I don't feel like I'm committing to a long read; I can crank these out in a couple of hours. I really like how they've added a few illustrations as well.

My one complaint would be that I do think McGuire focused too much on the character Cora's size. I don't mind discussions of a character's struggle with weight, but it seemed to be her only character trait. I would have liked to see less of a focus on that, but there were enough other diverse characters and events that I am able to look past it and give it a high rating. She really has a beautiful writing style. I highly recommend this series!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment