Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Review: The Annotated Little Women

The Annotated Little Women The Annotated Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I decided to reread this book for a couple of reasons. First, I got the annotated version, so I was excited to read a new-to-me version. Also, I know there is an upcoming Little Women mini-series adaptation that I'm looking forward to, so it was a perfect time to reread it!

This time it was probably more of a 4-star read for me, but I always have and always will love this book. If I think about what the book has meant to me through the years, it is a 5-star read. I've read it many times, I watch the movie every year, and I even wrote my senior thesis in college about it (along with Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice). The annotations were somewhat interesting, but not much that I didn't already know. However, I enjoyed seeing May Alcott's artwork and other illustrations throughout the story, and it was interesting to learn a little about the real people Louisa based her characters on. I just love this book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment