Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Review: Sleeping Giants

Sleeping Giants Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was another great science fiction this month. I read Dark Matter a couple of weeks ago, which really put me in the mood for some more sci-fi, so I picked this up. This was much different, but I enjoyed it almost as much. It was more grounded in reality than Dark Matter, but I do think that I liked that one a tiny bit more. Still a solid 4-star read though.

It was short and read especially fast because it was told in interviews. The most fascinating and surprising thing to me was that the interviewer was by far the most interesting character. I can't wait to find out more about him hopefully in the second book. I hope he continues to play a large part because trying to figure out more about him ((view spoiler) SO many questions!!).

There were also several times throughout the story that I was genuinely shocked by the turn of the events. It's rare that I really feel that much surprise as I read, but this one managed to multiple times. Also, (view spoiler). As soon as I finished, I ordered the second one from the library. I hope I don't have to wait long to get it! I really enjoyed the first installment of the Themis Files and I can't wait to see where the story will go!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment