Thursday, July 6, 2017

Review: Geekerella

Geekerella Geekerella by Ashley Poston
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars. I enjoyed this light, fun, predictable celebration of geek fandom and rehash of the Cinderella story. It's been told hundreds of times, and I was surprised by how closely this story stuck to the one everyone is familiar with. There were plenty of tropes and cliches throughout, but it didn't stop me from enjoying the story. Many of the characters were not very believable, but most people don't read Cinderella stories for their believability. It was comforting in the way that all familiar and well-loved stories are, and approaching it from a geek/fandom angle made it much more fun and interesting. There was nothing deep here and the fact that I had to suspend my disbelief as much as I did made my rating lower, but if you love a good fairytale retelling and especially if you are into any fandom, this one is for you.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment