Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Review: Every Heart a Doorway

Every Heart a Doorway Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.75 stars. For such a short book, this packs a powerful punch. Charlaine Harris got it right on her blurb on the cover that read "We know this story isn't true, but it is truth." Right from the first few pages I could tell that I was going to like this book. I've always loved a good portal story where a character goes to other worlds, but I've never really thought much about what happened when they returned. This story explores that and has a very compelling and surprisingly dark narrative all its own. I also really liked the main character and connected to her more than I expected to. Some of the other characters were fairly creepy, but in the best possible way.

It was one of the rare times that I wished the story was longer (although it didn't need to be - McGuire did an incredible job telling a big story in few pages). I cannot wait to read the next book! I ordered it from the library immediately upon finishing this one. This was definitely one of my favorites for the year!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment