Saturday, July 22, 2017

Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses

A Court of Thorns and Roses A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.25 stars. This was great! I liked it better than the Throne of Glass series for sure (while I do like the Throne of Glass books overall, this was better). I was actually surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. I read it quickly because I really wanted to find out what would happen next, and I bought the second in the series when I was about 3/4 of the way through because I knew I'd want to read the rest of the series soon after.

I liked the characters in general, although they definitely fit typical tropes found in YA. Still, they were compelling and interesting to read about. I liked the subtle nods to the Beauty and the Beast story we are familiar with, although it was a very unique story on its own. I'm curious to see if the second is still tied at all to any familiar fairy tales or if it branches off altogether. The world it takes place in is interesting and I hope to learn more about it in future books. I'm not sure how I feel about Rhysand's character. I guess I'll just have read the next one to learn more and figure that out.

Overall I thought it was an exciting first novel in a new series and I look forward to continuing with the rest of the series soon!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment