Thursday, June 29, 2017

Review: The Upside of Unrequited

The Upside of Unrequited The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.75 stars (I know - I'm giving that score a lot lately). This was exactly the kind of light fluff that I needed right now. I LOVED the diversity present in it, including the diversity in race, sexual orientation, body type, religion, etc. That was so, so great, and wasn't done in a flashy "look how much diversity we can pack in to one book" kind of way, but felt really natural. I wish more books were like that. I also really enjoyed the family dynamics in the story and the nerdy love interest, Reid. It was just really cute. I liked Molly's voice for the most part, although I wish she didn't question herself so much. However, I recognize that as a 17-year-old girl, that is probably a pretty accurate portrayal of a teen girl. I'm just getting old and want everyone to find their inner confidence (which (view spoiler)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment