Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Review: Clockwork Princess

Clockwork Princess Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a pretty decent historical fiction/fantasy series. I truly disliked the first couple Cassandra Clare books I read (I just could not get over the incest thing in the first half of the Mortal Instruments series), so I almost gave up on her entirely. Fortunately, I had a friend convince me that some people liked this series better than her original series, so I decided to try the audiobook when it showed up as available on Overdrive. I'm glad I did, because it has been a solid 4-star series overall. This one continued to be fast-paced and enjoyable. The narrator for this book was very good, although
I don't know why they switch narrators for every audiobook in the series. This narrator was probably my favorite though.

Like the last one, the love triangle just about drove me crazy, but I was able to overlook most of that because the story was compelling. I was also a little frustrated by how long the ending seemed. Once the main action was over, there was still another couple of hours of listening before the end. Still, I cared about the characters and what became of them enough to pick up City of Fallen Angels, which I'm already liking better than the first half of the Mortal Instruments series. I don't know if I'll ever be a huge Cassandra Clare fan, but I can definitely appreciate how her writing has developed and I do plan to read (or at least listen to) more in the shadow hunter world.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment