Monday, May 1, 2017

Review: The Girl on the Train

The Girl on the Train The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I don't read mysteries that often because I just can't handle them, but this was pretty approachable and not too intense for me. I loved the element of the unreliable narrator and it kept me guessing for most of the book. Although none of the characters were very likable, it didn't take away from the story. I felt sad for the main character and just wanted her to get help for her alcoholism. It really wasn't anything like Gone Girl, as I'd heard, except in that both are mysteries. I listened to the audiobook, and I kept having to come up with excuses to keep listening because I wanted to find out what happened! I did figure out who did it about 2/3 of the way through the novel, and I was just kind of waiting for everyone else to figure it out. It had a satisfying conclusion though and it made me want to read more mysteries. I think the author has another book coming out this month, so maybe I'll check it out too if it gets decent reviews. Definitely pick this one up if you like moderately-intense suspenseful mysteries!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment