Monday, May 15, 2017

Review: Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Again, I like this series far better than the Mortal Instruments series, but it does have a few problems (or problems for me, anyway). The story was great, but the love triangle drove me absolutely crazy. I like Tessa, but when she's thinking about Jem and Will, I almost can't stand her. I just don't think love triangles really ever happen in real life and it makes her seem indecisive and flaky (which she is not in any other situation, so I don't know why she is with these boys).

I also didn't love the audiobook narration. There were two different narrators, and I couldn't figure out why they were switching between narrators. The female narrator had a good voice for Tessa, but I couldn't stand how she voiced some of the other characters, especially Jessamine and Charlotte. It was almost enough for me to switch to the print version, but luckily those characters don't do tons of talking.

Despite some flaws, the story was fast-paced and kept me fully invested while reading. I can't wait to read the third one, and I'm considering trying the Mortal Instruments again to see the connections between characters. I really didn't like it the first time I tried them, but maybe I'd like them better now. I plan to pick up Clockwork Princess soon!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment