Friday, May 5, 2017

Review: Love the One You're With

Love the One You're With Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars. I know this is not the highest rating, but it is actually quite a bit higher than I expected it to be. I really did not enjoy the last book I read by Emily Giffin, so I've left this one on my "to read" shelf for several years. It finally got to the point that I had to decide whether to just read it or to get rid of it, so I read it.

This is an extremely character-driven story, but I really like character-driven stories more than plot-driven ones most of the time. I liked the main character, Ellen, although she did make some very poor decisions that frustrated me. Still, she was relatable and believable and I liked her much better than the characters from Something Borrowed (link not working for some reason).

Ultimately I was glad that I finally just picked it up off my shelf, because it has been there long enough. Also, although it is not the greatest book I've ever read, I did genuinely enjoy it and I will consider reading more by Emily Giffin.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment