Saturday, April 15, 2017

Review: Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am trying to read more diverse books, and this seems to be at the top of everyone's list. It's for good reason. I've never read an LGTB+ contemporary*, and I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Simon was so relatable, and I appreciated that he was involved in school and had good parents who were present. So many YA books don't have caring, involved parents, well-developed friendships, or true participation in school events, but this one did. I'm looking forward to reading Becky Albertalli's next book,The Upside of Unrequited, coming out this month. She's a great writer and I can't wait to read more!

* Once I posted this, I realized that I read Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe earlier this year. I liked this better. Simon seemed much more like a a real teenage boy to me than Ari, although that was a good book also.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment