Friday, April 21, 2017

Review: Calling on Dragons

Calling on Dragons Calling on Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When I read this when I was 12 or 13, this series was one of my favorites. While it is still fun, it is not as good as I remembered it being. I think it just works better for a younger audience. I'm rating it a "3" because I feel nostalgic about this series, but it was probably more of a "2" for a reread. I only have one more book in the series to reread, but I'm not sure I'm going to do it. We'll see if I get around to it. Still, the characters are likable and funny. Although the plot is silly, it is a fun, lighthearted read (which sometimes is much needed!). I would definitely recommend this series for younger readers but maybe not so much for adults (even adults that still love YA and middle grade).

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment