Saturday, November 26, 2016

Review: Nimona

Nimona Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars. What a great graphic novel! I think this is probably my favorite graphic novel but I've ever read. It was simultaneously exciting and very sweet. It was violent and funny and action-packed and heartwarming all at once. I loved Nimona's character and Blackheart was pretty great too. I appreciated that Nimona was such a strong female, but not sexualized. She was strong and powerful and smart and vicious, but she chose for herself a normal body (perhaps even more notable because she was a shape-shifter, so she could take any form she wanted). A powerful woman whose power doesn't come from sexuality is something that is needed more in the graphic novel world (actually, everywhere). It was such a wonderful story, too. I wanted more! I hope Stevenson continues this as a series or comes out with more similar graphic novels. It was great!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment