Thursday, November 24, 2016

Review: What Alice Forgot

What Alice Forgot What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this. It was November's book club book of the month. I thought the plot was compelling and I liked Alice's character. The ending seemed a little rushed, but overall I thought it was an interesting picture of a marriage and family. It made me think about the last 10 years of my life and wonder what I'd think if I'd lost my memory of all of that as well. I think I'd be pretty happy, but obviously Alice had some changes she was not prepared for. I also appreciated some passages from Alice's sister Elizabeth's perspective as she's dealing with infertility. Moriarty wrote about that painful topic in a way that rang true I think for many people. The passages from Frannie's perspective were ok also, although they didn't add a lot to the plot. I enjoyed her character though. So far, I think it's my favorite book club book that we've read! I will definitely read more by Moriarty.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment