Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Review: The Gift of an Ordinary Day: A Mother's Memoir

The Gift of an Ordinary Day: A Mother's Memoir The Gift of an Ordinary Day: A Mother's Memoir by Katrina Kenison
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked it better than I thought I would. I really only read it because I've had it on my shelf forever since I received it as a gift when I was pregnant with my first son (4 and 1/2 years ago). I needed to either read it or get rid of it, so I decided to at least try it. I found enough in it that I identified with to keep reading. Like the author, I have two sons, although mine are much younger than hers were at the time her book took place. I appreciated many of her reminders and insights, especially about slowing down and appreciating each moment for what it is. However, the book did get repetitive. I thought it was good to have the little mystery of where her son Henry would end up going to college woven throughout the story, because I think by the end I was mostly just reading/listening because I was curious where he ended up. Still, I honestly didn't anticipate even finishing this book, so I enjoyed it far more than I expected to.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment