Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Review: The Same Stuff as Stars

The Same Stuff as Stars The Same Stuff as Stars by Katherine Paterson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

My rating of this book reflects simply my enjoyment level - not how well-written the book was. This was a hard one for me because I have a difficult time reading about children with bad home lives. It was truly a heartbreaking book and I probably would not have picked it up if I had known anything about the subject matter. I only knew that I loved other books by Katherine Patterson (although it's been years since I read anything by her). She remains and incredible author, capable of making you process all kinds of difficult emotions and fall in love with her characters. This one was excellent, but I gave it 3 stars instead of 4 or more because I just couldn't handle how heartbreaking it was. It just upset me so much that I had a difficult time listening to it at all. However, it was definitely a good book. I just need to take a break from Katherine Patterson for a while.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment