Saturday, November 9, 2019

Review: The Testaments

The Testaments The Testaments by Margaret Atwood
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars at least. I may up my rating because I flew through it and I did really love it. The only thing keeping me from giving it the full 5 stars is the fact that the first one had SUCH a brilliant ending and this one just wasn't quite the same (probably because it was definitive). It was still great though. Truly, I couldn't put it down.

This story follows Aunt Lydia, Nicole/Jade, and Agnes (Nicole and Agnes being the two daughters of June from the first novel - Is that a spoiler? To me it seemed obvious from the beginning, but let me know if I should hide that). I am currently about halfway through the second season of the show (I really have to gear myself up to watching it and it takes me a while to get through) and maybe it portrays some of this, but I was quite surprised by a number of things. I was especially surprised by Aunt Lydia in the book.

Margaret Atwood once again proves herself to be a highly skilled author. I can't believe I've still never read anything else by her. I definitely have to because I love her compelling writing style!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment