Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Review: Whale Talk

Whale Talk Whale Talk by Chris Crutcher
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars. I actually enjoyed this a lot more than I expected to! I've never read anything by Chris Crutcher, and honestly I didn't really even want to. At my school, all of his books have a "sports" label on them, and since I don't really care for most sports, I assumed I wouldn't like it. I had to read it though for the YSU English Festival, and I was really surprised by how enjoyable it was! I was glad to find that it was much more about the story than just the sport. I liked the main character and the team he put together. I liked how realistic the dialogue between the boys seemed and how there were many real-life, difficult situations. One small criticism - there was perhaps a little too many difficult situations for it to feel entirely realistic, but it led to several important points and conversations between characters. Although it's not a book I ever would have picked for myself, I was pleasantly surprised and I will probably read more by Chris Crutcher.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment