Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Review: A World Without Heroes

A World Without Heroes A World Without Heroes by Brandon Mull
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.75 stars. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this book! I've had it for a long time because honestly, I didn't really expect to like it. I finally got around to reading (well, listening to) it and found the writing style to be a sort of combination of Rick Riordan and John Flanagan. These are two of my husband's favorite authors, so now I have to get him to read this series! I know he'd like it.

I enjoyed the two main characters and their journey. There was plenty of action and the ending left me wanting much more. My one criticism would be that I had a hard time believing that Jason and Rachel would be so quick to take on a deadly quest for another world at age 13. However, I understand that if they hadn't, there wouldn't be much of a story. Also, I didn't give it a full 4 (or 5) stars because although it was compelling, it didn't grip me quite as much as a 4 star read would be. I think this is probably simply because I am just not as in to middle grade literature as I used to be.

I will absolutely be reading the other two books in this series. It was a really fun read!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment