Monday, September 18, 2017

Review: Interview with the Vampire

Interview with the Vampire Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.75 stars. In the beginning, I was surprised by how much I was enjoying this. Around halfway through, I wasn't enjoying it as much, but then it had a pretty strong finish. I've never read anything by Anne Rice, and I definitely liked her writing style. I liked Louis's character a lot, but I don't think I liked any other character. He still seemed connected to his humanity, but none of the other characters did even a little bit. His relationship with Claudia creeped me out a bit and I couldn't often tell if he loved her as a father or as something more. It was just weird.

However, I'm glad I read it and I think there is a good chance that I will pick up the next one in the series at some point. I also have the movie version next in my Netflix queue, so I'm looking forward to seeing the movie. I didn't love it, but I did enjoy it and I look forward to reading more by Anne Rice.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment