Saturday, September 23, 2017

Review: Audacity

Audacity Audacity by Melanie Crowder
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars. First, I think this is a good, important book. Clara Lemlich was an inspiring historical figure that I hadn't heard about before I read this book. I'm so glad to have learned about this fascinating time period and the strikes that Clara led. She was impressive in the story and must have been even more so in real life.

I liked the subject matter of this book and the fact that it was such a quick read. However, I did find it to be somewhat lacking for some reason. The writing in verse was fine, but I don't know if it added much to the story. I guess it was good because it made it a faster read, but I felt like her character wasn't as well-developed as I would have liked. There were some lines that were poignant, but not enough and not as I would have expected for a novel written in verse. It told her story, but I think it left too much out. I would have loved to see more of her. It left me wondering if there were any other books (fiction or nonfiction) written about her life and I will probably look that up after finishing this review. Overall I felt that it was a decent book, but a little underdeveloped. It just left me wanting more!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment