Saturday, April 6, 2019

Review: Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life

Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm wavering between a 3 and a 4 here. I guess I will go with a 3.5. I think that if I enjoyed writing creatively, this would definitely be at least a 4 stars. I love Anne Lamott's humor and honesty. I've read a couple of her other books and I always feel that way. However, I clearly was not the target audience here. I am not a writer. I can crank out a research paper or a letter of recommendation quickly, but I've never been able to write creatively. She had a lot of what were probably helpful ideas and insights. They just didn't apply to me at all. Still, I really enjoyed her anecdotes and her writing style. I'm sure I'll be reading more by her!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment